Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

3 months old

Wow, it's already been 3 months since we welcomed Sweet William to the world. It's hard to believe how fast time has flown by and how big our "little" boy is getting. Everyday Walks and I say how lucky we are to have such a healthy, happy baby--I mean, he is truly PERFECT in our eyes. Of course he has his moments, but for the most part, he's our sweet little angel.
He is really starting to respond this month. We are getting HUGE smiles out of him all day long and I think he already knows how to flirt! He knows when he's looking at a pretty girl- he lights up!
He was on the track to be a big baby, but I think he' s slowed down a little. I don't have anything to compare it to since this is our first, but I think he's average to a little bigger than average. He is wearing his 3-6 month clothes and will probably move to 6-9 in the next 6 weeks or so.

One big thing that he started this month is going to school! He goes to Aunt Pam (Walks' aunt) where he spends time with his cousin, T, and his soon to be other cousin (arriving Thursday!). I can't believe I didn't post this when it happened--it was a big day for all of us, but honestly, it wasn't hard at all. As I walked to the car that first morning, I felt like a bad Mom for feeling liberated as opposed to feeling sad. But I realize that my lifestyle is such that I enjoy my adult social interaction as much as I enjoy spending time with my baby. Of course I look forward to picking him up everyday and spending the rest of the night with him!
We put him down for bed at 8:30 (when he has hit a wall and can't stay awake any longer) and don't see him again until 7:00ish the next morning. I love going into his nursery every morning and watching his face light up when he sees his Mama!
This last picture is from Williams first trip out to Woodcreek, where I am sure he will spend many afternoons to come in the next years of his life. Walks grew up out there and I'm sure William will enjoy it as much as Walks did, especially with all of his cousins, aunts and uncles!

We love you to pieces baby boy and look forward to the next 3 months. You're our angel!!!!! Love, Mama and Daddy

2 comments:

I love my girls!! said...

He is adorable! And of course he is perfect...they still are when they are throwing tantrums and misbehaving! Who could have imagined that one little smile could light up your life so much.
I am coming to town next week and I hope I can visit...the babies can sit in their bumbo's and stare at each other and drool!!!

Elizabeth said...

That is so sweet! I agree, although you love being home, going to work has it's advantages too!