Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

5 weeks old

Still no new pictures obviously, but I did want to post a few things. These are really for me (so I don't forget) and might be boring to you.
William slept from 10:30 until 5:30 last night. WOW! I figured he would sleep three hours after that, but like clockwork, he was up at 7:30. Anytime between 7 and 7:30 is the magic number for him to wake up. He usually goes back down around 8:30 or 9 for a few more hours (until the next feeding). Then he is in and out of naps throughout the day- there is not a sleeping schedule yet, but he is on an every three hour eating schedule. It's very predictable, but that makes our day easier to plan. And we like to be on the go, so it's nice to know when he will be hungry again so I can prepare!
Our little man is still so stinking cute and GOOD. He is so fun to watch- if he's not sleeping, he's typically very content wherever he is. He likes to stare at lights and of course, like every baby out there, is totally drawn to ceiling fans. He is starting to focus on things pretty quickly and will give us a smile every once in awhile. I'm still waiting on THAT ONE SMILE that you know is in response to his happiness and because of his mom or dad making him happy.
Walks is still the most wonderful father and loves his boy so so much. He is great about handling William in the morning so I can get another hour of sleep. And that is huge! I know he will enjoy fatherhood more and more everyday- he wants to take bites out of his little "buttercup" just like I do- the amount of love is amazing.
William, we love you to pieces and can't imagine life without you. Thank you for making our wonderful family of two into the most amazing family of three!!!!

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Caroline,
That is so sweet! I so enjoyed getting to hold and feed William last weekend. He IS so stinking cute and I love the faces(and the sounds)he makes! Give him a kiss for me! Hope to see y'all soon!

I love my girls!! said...

What a good boy!!! That 5:30 waking will be gone before you know it. It is nice that Walks gets up with him, but that is where I got "the Smile" from both my girls. When you walk in his room and you are the first thing he sees and smiles...you know it is for YOU!!!! I can't wait to see some pictures soon.

I love my girls!! said...

What a good boy!!! That 5:30 waking will be gone before you know it. It is nice that Walks gets up with him, but that is where I got "the Smile" from both my girls. When you walk in his room and you are the first thing he sees and smiles...you know it is for YOU!!!! I can't wait to see some pictures soon.